Come and celebrate the entrepreneurs and innovators working to build a better future for Alberta (and beyond)! Visit our exhibition of social impact organizations to hear their stories and get to know like-minded innovators and community. Chat with Innovate Calgary’s social innovation team about resources and services available to you with snacks and the chance to win great prizes.
Here’s what to expect
- One to One Expert Advice: Having access to the right expertise at the right time is crucial to a social innovator’s success. Get a taste for our Expert Advisor program by booking a time to speak to one of our experts live on site. These 25-minute bookings will allow you to tap into years of knowledge and experience and receive guidance, advice and support through some of your tough challenges, big questions, and lingering curiosities. Times will be available every half hour between 4:30 and 6:30 and sign-up will be available at the event (please see welcome table). Here are the Expert Advisors you will be able to book with (check back for a full list closer to the date):
- Angie Redecopp (enterprise set-up, business contracts and policies, financings and other transactions, board governance and ESG planning)
- Jade Alberts (scaling & growth, go-to-market strategy, expansion, building teams, policies & procedures, capital raising)
- Denise Baril (non-dilutive (grant) funding/ business strategy, networking skills, pitching, speaking expertise, slide deck review)
- Stephanie Jackman (brand strategy, business development, social impact, marketing communications, investor pitches)
- Peer to Peer Support: Through this peer-to-peer session, participants have the opportunity to put forward a challenge they’re facing in their work, or offer their unique experiences, perspectives, and advice to a fellow innovator. Leave this facilitated session with a cup full of support, community, and resources to move forward. This session will run from 5:30-6:15pm.
- Childminding: We want this event to be as accessible as possible, and so we’ll be offering free childminding for the duration of the event for children aged 3-12. Please indicate if you will need childminding support when registering
- Social Innovator Exhibit: Some of Alberta’s most remarkable social innovators will be showcasing their work and are eager to connect with you. Below are the confirmed social impact organizations so far. Check back often for an updated list.
- Orly Yadid-Pecht, Lab to fulfillment
- Julia Imanoff, Brief Crisis Therapy Institute
- Amie Liddle, Querulous Complaints
- Uriel Karerwa, IncluCity Calgary
- Prasanthi Naidoo, Joberfer
- Alicia Nahmad Vazquez, Factory in a box
- Gayathri Shukla, Campfire Kinship
- Tom O’Neil, ITP Metrics
- Tahir Popita, Calgary Social Value Fund
- Larry Katz, MOVE Improve