Response to COVID-19 - Life Sciences Innovation Hub - updated June 10
As new re-entry protocols take effect in response to COVID-19, Innovate Calgary, and the Life Sciences Innovation Hub continue to take a measured approach for returning to work to protect the health of our people, clients, and community.
All LSI Hub tenants and members that can work from home are doing so.
Those who are performing research functions that require to be onsite working in the LSI Hub labs are to follow the following protocols:
- Company leads for each organization (this includes members and tenants) have provided us with a list of all staff working in the facility.
- Proper hygiene protocols including hand washing/sanitizing, physical distancing, protective gear.
- Protective lab gear (masks, gloves, eye protection) worn at all times.
- Lab technicians/personnel must work at least 2 meters apart from each other.
- When accessing non-lab space (office, desk, common areas), sanitation and physical distancing practices are followed.
- All in-person meetings have transitioned to video or phone conferencing.
- Deliveries will be received at the loading dock located at the rear of the building.
- Contactors (construction workers, operators, etc.) must follow LSI Hub facility COVID-19 hygiene protocols (handwashing, physical distancing).
- All communal areas are temporarily closed until further notice (coffee stations, Exchange Lounge).
Although there are no current plans to close the LSI Hub, this could change in the future with no or little notice. Further COVID-19 cases could lead to the closure of university buildings with no notice at all. We are taking measures to prepare for the possibility of a shutdown at the end of each day.
A designated team will continue to ensure that all LSI Hub facilities are operational and functioning.
We understand that members or tenants may have concerns, and we are here to support in any way we can.
UCalgary COVID-19 Response
UCalgary COVID-19 Guidance for UCalgary-based Researchers
Advancing commercially-viable products and services to market for research-intensive startups and growing companies
LIFE SCIENCES-BASED TENANTS