As the President & CEO of Innovate Calgary, John Wilson is responsible for managing Innovate Calgary’s technology transfer and commercialization activities, and to work closely with the Vice President Research Office in developing strategic initiatives to help promote collaborative projects and programs within the university and its community.
John has an extensive background in knowledge transfer, commercialization, innovation-driven activities, and practices from his working experience within numerous global institutions.
Expertise and background:
- Ph.D., Chemistry, Bristol University
- Post-doctoral research experience, Bristol University and Virginia Tech
- Innovation Director, Brock University
- Licensing Manager, University of Oxford
- Liaison, OCR, Yale University
- Product Development Manager, Unilever PLC, United Kingdom and Holland
- CEO, Unilever-based spin-out company developing software and hardware for the gaming industry