A strong brand is key for any thriving venture. It helps attract customers and keeps them engaged. It creates an identity for a venture’s product or service and aids in its long-term success and sustainability. But what makes a strong, compelling brand? How can you, as a founder, create awareness of your brand, use it to connect with and keep your potential customers?
The Art of Branding for Founders Workshop, brought to you by Innovate Calgary and Mindfuel, is a creative, hands-on workshop with industry experts helping founders build and promote their venture’s brand. Through engaging with a diverse panel of industry experts and participating in facilitated hands-on activities, you will reflect on your venture’s burgeoning brand and how to move your brand journey forward alongside other founders in the innovation community.
Details of the event and how to apply are below.
- Date: June 8, 2023
- Time: 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Location: Social Innovation Hub
- Cost: Free (due to being in part, subsidized by Mindfuel)
The Art of Branding for Founders Workshop is co-delivered by Mindfuel and Innovate Calgary, with three industry guests:
- Femi Lawson : Femi Lawson is a rising international phenomenon and talent. With his roots lying in the luscious lands of Nigeria, and a partial home base in the diverse metropolitan city of Toronto, Femi is a mosaic blend of cultures, and as such his work around the globe as a cultural curator is defined by his unrelenting goal to unite people.
- Art Proctor: With over 25 years of experience in business, technology, and the creative industries, Art is a seasoned professional in providing solutions for a wide range of challenges. His diverse skills include corporate and culture management, technology consulting, and immersive media production.
- Pamela Todd: Artist and lover of dogs, Pam is a strategic marketing and communications leader. Brand building and growth is her passion; she is always looking for new ways to engage people and build communities. She is inspired to create new and innovative ways to think and work outside the box.
Early- and mid-stage founders exploring their brand potential can apply to participate in this workshop. Due to limited space, not all applicants can participate; only those who show a distinct need based on the application questions.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2023
- Notice of Acceptance: June 2, 2023
- Workshop Date: June 8, 2023
Bring your curiosity about strategy, content creation, and storytelling to this multifaceted and experiential workshop!