As the Director, Economic Development for the Life Sciences Innovation Hub, William is responsible for leading, establishing, and evolving the Life Sciences Innovation Hub’s (LSI Hub) business model and community and in developing the life sciences innovation agenda for Innovate Calgary and beyond. William has responsibility in all phases of LSI Hub operations, including business development, strategy, industry partnering, and community relations.
William has an extensive university and research background in life sciences that include: academic research, university technology transfer, intellectual property (IP) and business development strategy, licensing, strategic partnerships and alliances, startup company formation, and product management.
Expertise and background:
- BSc, Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh
- Graduate studies, University of Texas at Dallas
- Product Management and Business Development Consulting, WSS Inc.
- Product Manager, Cadwell Laboratories
- Senior Associate Consultant, ipCapital Group
- Senior Licensing Manager, Case Western Reserve University
- Licensing Officer, Carnegie Mellon University
- Director of Technology Development, Prolume Inc.
- Publisher of nine peer-reviewed basic science and translational research papers in the fields of neurophysiology/neuropharmacology, and pulmonary vascular physiology/pharmacology
- US and foreign patents covering novel fluorescent proteins
- Awarded five competitive research grants to fund life science academic research