As Senior Manager, Business Development and Partnerships, Matthew leads business development and partnerships at IMPACT (our clinical trials program). This spans from business plans to establishing, nurturing, and expanding strategic partnerships, marketing, outreach, the onboarding of new companies, assisting with educational programs, and the integration of IMPACT operations with other groups at Innovate Calgary and our many partners.
Matthew has a strong background in business consulting, sales, marketing, and business development, which includes over a decade with health technology start-ups. He has recently worked as a Growth Coach at Communitech and was a co-founder and COO at Curiato.
Expertise & Background:
- BSc, Biomedical Sciences, University of Waterloo
- Several patents in non-invasive smart bed monitoring solutions for hospitals
- Seed to Series A fundraising and diligence for medical device, digital health and biotech startups
- Go to Market planning and business model design
- Medical device and digital health hospital sales
- Clinical trial pilot design (Class I – Class II) & Regulatory Affairs (Health Canada and FDA)
- Scientific, Clinical and Business advisory boards
- Intellectual Property strategy and corporate governance