As an Innovation Manager for Social Innovation, Julia supports Innovate Calgary’s social innovation portfolio. She works with students, researchers, and entrepreneurs to commercialize promising social innovations and move them into the community to increase impact. This includes leading the discovery, design, and development of prototypes and solutions within the University of Calgary’s lab/incubator/social enterprise models. Julia builds partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders to create a dynamic ecosystem of social enterprise and innovation. She is passionate about the importance of innovation in dealing with complex social issues.
Expertise and Background:
- Doctoral Candidate, University of Calgary
- Master of Nursing, University of Calgary
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Ryerson University
- Bachelor of Science, University of Waterloo
- CEO/Co-Founder, COLO Families Inc.
- COO/Co-Founder, The Brief Crisis Therapy Institute Inc.
- Steering Committee, Emergency Response Team, Canadian Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Regional Director for Alberta/BC/Yukon, Canadian Association of Perinatal and Women’s Health Nurses