Jordana Armstrong is a social impact practitioner with over a decade of experience leading initiatives to advance entrepreneurship that serves people, profit, and purpose. As Founding Director of the Social Innovation Hub, Jordana and her team support hundreds of researchers and innovators who use market approaches to achieve impact in the communities they serve. She is committed to seeing capital work differently as Director of UCeed Social Impact and as a private investor. A committed ecosystem builder, she serves on the steering committees for the Center for Social Impact Technology and AB-Seed, and is a member of Local Investing YYC, the 51, and AUTM. She draws on experience as a community leader, advisor, and lived experience to inform her mission to create inclusive economic growth and thriving communities.
Expertise and background:
- BA (Joint Honours), Political Science and Economic Development, McGill University
- Launched Innovate Calgary’s first programs for social entrepreneurs in 2016 (CATALYZE and RBC Social Enterprise Accelerator)
- Director, Artistri Sud, Montreal, South America
- Operations Manager, American Eagle Outfitters, Edmonton
- Co-Founder, Seeds of Conscious Capitalism, Montreal
- Emerging Markets Fellow, BioLite, New York