As the Executive Director of the IMPACT program, Derek oversees the development, strategic planning, and governance for this program designed to facilitate the efficient conduct of high quality clinical trials through an integrated, multi-step process.
Expertise and background:
- MD, MPH, FRCPC, FACC, FHRS
- Professor and Associate Dean, Clincial Trials, University of Calgary
- Canada Research Chair, Cardiovascular Clinical Trials
- Practicing cardiologist, heart rhythm specialist, and clinical trials expert
- Clinical work and research focus on Cardiac Implantable Electrical Device (CIED) therapy
- Co-author of over 300 articles, book chapters, and abstracts
- Chair and participant of multiple Guideline Commitees
- Associate, Creative Destruction Lab
- Chief Medical Officer, HelpWear Inc.