As the Executive Director of the IMPACT program, Derek oversees the development, strategic planning, and governance for this program designed to facilitate the efficient conduct of high-quality clinical trials through an integrated, multi-step process.
Expertise and background:
- MD, MPH, FRCPC, FACC, FHRS
- Associate Dean, Innovation and Commercialization, for the Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary
- Canada Research Chair, Cardiovascular Clinical Trials
- Practicing cardiologist, heart rhythm specialist, and clinical trials expert
- Clinical work and research focus on Cardiac Implantable Electrical Device (CIED) therapy
- Co-author of over 300 articles, book chapters, and abstracts
- Chair and participant of multiple Guideline Commitees
- Associate, Creative Destruction Lab
- Chief Medical Officer, HelpWear Inc.