As the Special Advisor to the Board, Peter Garrett will continue to provide strategic guidance to the Innovate Calgary Board of Directors working closely with the Vice-President (Research) Office in developing strategic initiatives to help promote collaborative projects and programs within the university through industry and community engagement.
Peter’s extensive background in knowledge transfer, commercialization and innovation-driven activities hails from his numerous executive and technology development leadership positions in the private sector and numerous board positions.
Expertise and background:
- Former AVP-R (Innovation), University of Calgary
- Former President and CEO, Innovate Calgary
- University of Calgary Alumnus (BSc EE - with distinction)
- Vice President of Wireless Networks Research and Development, Nortel
- CEO, Global Thermoelectric
- Board Chair, Calgary Technologies Inc.
- Chair, University of Calgary Schulich School of Engineering and External Research Advisory Board
- Member and Chair, University of Calgary Project Management Advisory Board
- Member, Alberta Science and Research Advisory Board (ASRA)
- Chair, Technology Commercialization Task Force (ASRA)
- Co-Chair, Access to Capital Task Force (ASRA)