Polyclonal Antibodies Against Human CD20
Tech ID #: 345.4 CONNECT WITH A MANAGER FOR LICENSING
Description of Technology
University of Calgary researcher, Dr. Julie Deans, has produced three affinity-purified, polyclonal antibodies against human CD20. CD20 is a cell-surface protein expressed in most immune cells arising from the B-cell lineage and plays a role in cellular activation and proliferation. Importantly, CD20 is a recognized biomarker for a number of human disorders, including several autoimmune diseases and B-cell malignancies. As such, quality antibodies against CD20 are valuable for both pre-clinical and clinical research applications. These particular antibodies have little cross-reactivity and have been used successfully for immunoblotting, immunofluorescence and immunoprecipitation.
Figure 1. Western blots of human Ramos B cell lysates with rabbit anti-CD20 targeting the C-terminal residues 280-297 (first described in Petrie et al. (2002)).
Figure 2. Western blots of human Ramos B-cells lysates probed with rabbit anti-CD20N (targeting the N-terminal residues 25-41) and rabbit anti-CD20C (targeting the C-terminal residues 231-245), pre-incubated with immunizing peptide (lanes 2 and 5), irrelevant peptide (lanes 3 and 6) or no peptide (lanes 1 and 4) (Polyak et al. (1998)).
Areas of Application
- Inflammation and immunology
- Maria J. Polyak, Sweta H. Tailor and Julie P. Deans (1998) J Immunol ; 161:3242-3248
- Ryan J. Petrie and Julie P. Deans (2002) J Immunol; 169:2886-2891
- Deans JP, Robbins SM, Polyak MJ, Savage JA (1998) J Biol Chem. Jan 2;273(1):344-8
- Popoff IJ, Savage JA, Blake J, Johnson P, Deans JP (1998) Mol Immunol. Mar;35(4):207-14
- Polyak MJ, Deans JP (2002) Blood. May 1;99(9):3256-62
- Polyak MJ, Ayer LM, Szczepek AJ, Deans JP (2003) Leukemia. Jul;17(7):1384-9
- Li H, Ayer LM, Lytton J, Deans JP (2003) J Biol Chem. Oct 24;278(43):42427-34
- Li H, Ayer LM, Polyak MJ, Mutch CM, Petrie RJ, Gauthier L, Shariat N, Hendzel MJ, Shaw AR, Patel KD, Deans JP (2004) J Biol Chem. May 7;279(19):19893-901
- Unruh TL, Li H, Mutch CM, Shariat N, Grigoriou L, Sanyal R, Brown CB,Deans JP (2005) Immunology. Oct;116(2):223-32
- Polyak MJ, Li H, Shariat N, Deans JP (2008) J Biol Chem. Jul 4;283(27):18545-52
- Sarro SM, Unruh TL, Zuccolo J, Sanyal R, Luider JM, Auer-Grzesiak IA, Mansoor A, Deans JP (2010) Leuk Res. Dec;34(12):1670-3